Hours of Operation
M-F | 7:00am to 5:30pm
SAT | 7:00am to 2:30pm
8:00am to 3:00pm (M-F)
No Intake On Saturday
M-F | 8am to 9am | 12pm to 1pm
SAT | 9am to 10am | 12pm to 1pm
3722 S. Indiana, Chicago, IL
"Homelessness is an experience that people go through, not a label that defines who they are." ‡
Matthew House, a nonprofit community based organization that provides food, shelter, housing, and supportive services to those in need, is celebrating 25 years! We were founded and incorporated in July 1992 by three African American men who not only served our country, but had the compassion and belief that "people" were our greatest strength.
As one of the leading supportive services centers in Chicago, Matthew House works with individuals who are homeless or on the brink of becoming homeless, helping them take control of their lives. Our vision is to continue to fight the fight that ends homelessness and we will continue that fight until homelessness is no longer an issue for anyone.
† Courtesy of the National Alliance to End Homelessness
‡ Quoted by Rev. Dr. Sanja Stinson
- 1992: Officially incorporated as a 501C3 nonprofit organization to provide homeless services.
- 1993: Moved into our temporary, donated space at 3610 S Giles in Chicago, IL.
- 1995: Secured our 6,000 square foot building as the permanent home for the organization.
- 1998: Moved into our fully renovated, permanent home.
- 2005: Provided 20 units of permanent supportive housing through partnership with Low-Income Housing.
- 2007: Opened an additional 18 units for the Derrick David Stinson Supportive Housing Project.
- 2012: Opened 25 units for the Marzett Johnson Supportive Housing Project.
- 2017: Celebrated 25 years of services to the homeless.
- 2018: Adding 12 additional permanent supportive scattered site units for homeless individuals.